Friday, July 8, 2011

Grateful


Grateful today for the big things:  health, a mother and father, siblings, grandparents, husband, children, roof over our heads, Tony's employment, the ability to earn an income, higher education, food on the table, friendship, living in America with all the freedoms and privileges this allows, GRACE

I really should stop here because this is more than enough.  This is more than many have and I never want to take these things for granted because without most of them the ache would be great, the wound deep.  So at the end of the big things I want to bow my head in thanks, remembering I deserve nothing.  Yet in his sovereign grace He's given me all I really need.


Yet, when "grateful" there's so much more I can say.  Small, insignificant things that color my life beautiful..................  A clean house, Tazo Rest Tea, iced coffee, an unexpected breeze on a humid day, the inside of my hibiscus where the red fades to orange, kind eyes, the "plink, plink, plink" of spoon cracking creme brulee, toddler noses buried in books, Amarillo by Morning,  newborn goats frolicking, family hug in the kitchen, the relief of vulnerability, summer squeals of delight, Thymes Kimono Rose, Chagall, her fur under my hand, dining al fresco, a newborn's head against my cheek, Anne of Green Gables, his freckles, Texas sunsets, Alabama blooms.
Today I am grateful for both the big and the small.  For I know that in both I will find Him there. 

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

Are you grateful today?  If you would like, join me in linking up over at GypsyMama.  I know she would be most grateful....

4 comments:

Kerri Bailey said...

Sarah thanks for opening my eyes to the big and small this morning! I am grateful too.

Chrystal said...

Very grateful!

Gina said...

So grateful for my friendship with you. I've wanted to call so many times this week. It's been rough, but I'm seeing the light. Thanks for this post to help me focus on what's important.

Unknown said...

so much fun to be grateful... it is good for the soul!! thanks for stopping by! :)