Friday, April 8, 2011

5 Minute Friday - If You Met Me...


If you met me I’m not sure you would find anything of note in my physical appearance. I have no unusual physical features and my personal style is mostly unremarkable. But here’s what I hope you would find after we’ve embraced and exchanged names.  As we face one another and begin our conversation I hope you find “kind eyes" as you look into mine.

"Kind eyes" is a catch phrase Tony and I coined to describe people you meet for the first time whose eyes communicate tenderness and warmth. “So I met the new neighbors down the street today. She has kind eyes,” or “I talked to the lecturer today after class. We had the nicest conversation. He has kind eyes.” It’s our way of indicating that the person appears to have a kindred spirit.

Isn’t there a phrase out there that “The eyes are the window to the soul?” I find truth in this sentiment and I hope that when you look into mine you find them to be kind. Loving. Tender. Accepting. And I hope you have kind eyes too because that would make us the most kindred of friends.

                                      ****************************

Will you join me in linking up over on Gypsy Mama's blog?  This week's 5 Minute Friday post is "If You Met Me...."


7 comments:

Mamita J said...

I'm Julie. I came over from Five Minute Friday. I think your eyes look warm and kind. I'm also amazed at how much you could write in just five minutes. This explains why it takes me hours to write a single post. :-) I look for kindred spirits too.

The Farmer Files said...

The first thing I noticed in your picture was the brightness of your eyes. ;) I look at the whites in my eyes from time to time, and I notice they are not as bright as those of my small children. I hope, though, the brightness of my spirit still comes through my eyes. I have unremarkable chocolate eyes, but for many years folks have commented on my eyes. I don't get it. ;) Nice to meet you and your eyes!

Tracey said...

Thank you for coming by Make room for...and commenting!

I think that saying about the eyes being windows to the soul comes from Matthew 6:22-23.

I love the way you guys use "kind eyes" many times I am trying to describe that very thing and now I have a phrase for it.

The Farmer Files said...

Just wanted to stop by again and thank you for the sweet compliment on my blog. Have a great weekend.

C and G said...

So true about you!! Kind eyes is a great descriptor :) Although I think it also carries over into your smile. As a little girl told me once 'When you smile, your eyes smile too!'

Unknown said...

I must say, Sarah, when I first started reading this post - before I got to the part where you talk about your eyes - I already was thinking that I've always thought your eyes have such a sparkle & twinkle and you always have a ready, winsome smile. When I think of you, I think of your eyes & smile. :) I think "kind eyes" is an excellent description of yours & I believe they reflect our Savior, as well! I will have to remember that for others. I love the idea.

Wendy said...

Oops! That "Under His" comment was mine! I was signed into Google under the bookstore account. :)