Monday, July 26, 2010

Project 21 - Day 14

This morning we headed into San Antonio for a visit with my Dad.  When we arrived and stepped out of the truck we were in for a surprise.  My Uncle Danny, Aunt Ellie, and cousin Kiley were in town and stayed so they could have lunch with us!  What a treat!  Unfortunately after I lined everyone up for a group shot (out in the hot sun nonetheless) I realized that our camera battery was dead and I forgot the charger back at the farm.  So no pictures from this visit which is a super bummer.  My dad snapped a few and I will try to post those once he sends them my way.

We enjoyed a nice afternoon.  Sophia made brownies and everyone watched Mary Poppins.  Later in the afternoon Uncle Andrew and Mike showed up and we were able to get in a nice visit before heading back to the farm.  Fortunately Uncle Andrew is headed to the farm today.  In high school he was a lifeguard and spent many summers teaching little kiddos how to swim.  I'm hoping Sophia will be in a teachable mood....

When we arrived back at the farm we joined the grandparents and Jean Jean on the back deck.  It didn't take long before Sophia had everyone out of their seats and racing across the lawn.  Lots of pictures again.

{My grandmother was mad at me for taking this picture of her in a tank top but I just had to include it.  Because if you know my grandmother than you've seen this face before.  Many times.}


{Vincent is all about practicing the skill of going up and down stairs.}

{Putting our shoes on for the race}


{And they're off!  I love Sophia's face in both pictures.  Pure delight compliments of Granddaddy and Jean Jean}

1 comment:

Gina said...

I am so impressed with your photography skills! I love the picture of the 3 generations running. And Grandmother is beautiful no matter what she wears.