Later that night my friend Taryn joined us for dinner at a fabulous new Greek restaurant. Tony was a little outnumbered by the ladies but handled it with style. The conversation was fabulous, the food delicious (although stuffed grape leaves are very "beefy" not sure why I ordered that...) and the company truly great.
It was a great birthday - one of the best ones ever. Before bed I read this post by my friend Gina. It made me laugh out loud and was a perfect end to this very special birthday. As I turn 30, I am not sad at all about the passing years. Just so joyful and grateful for the friends I have in my life and the family that God has blessed me with.
I loved you so much breakfast brunch!
Yes, that is the first "Twilight" book. Thank you Laura for bringing me what will possibly become another obsession (or so everyone tells me...)
Getting all pretty for dinner out on the town.
Taryn, Me, and Laura.
The love of my life.
Putting on a show for Sophia and Vincent as I blew out the candle.
In my next 30 years:
I will check my posture throughout the day and try to STAND UP STRAIGHT.
I will start a skincare regiman, which will include washing my face on a regular basis and applying some sort of anti-wrinkle cream - hello I am 30!
Each week I will meet God in the morning more days than not.
I will call friends and family more often.
I will go to bed earlier with a candle burning on my nightstand, a cup of chamomile tea in one hand and a book in the other.
I will date my husband.
I will write him more love letters.
My TV will continue to collect dust while my stroller will need at least 4 tire replacements.
I will eat more salad and fewer burgers and french fries.
I will actively pursue a few dreams (rubber meets the road)...
Each day will be an opportunity to serve if I choose to think of others above myself.
With God's guidance I will join my husband in loving and discipling our children to the best of our ability, thus making an impact for good or bad on generations to come...
I will wear more red both in my hair and on my feet.
Hello 30's! I welcome you with open arms.
8 comments:
Happy belated birthday Sarah! You're going to love the Twilight series. Your next decade goals sound wonderful :)
Love your post, as always! Happy Belated Birthday, glad it was so special. We miss you guys.
Great post Sarah! Yes you will become addicted to the Twilight series. Have fun!
Happy Birthday!!!!
I love love your resolutions :) Well put. I want to do those things too!
I'm so glad you had a great day.
Camille
Happy birthday!! I am so glad you had a great day. ( ps--- I have the rest of the twilight books if you need to borrow :) )
Ugh! My flat hair!!!!! Happy 30th! It's so great! However, it's fast becoming a distant memory to me!:)
I just LOVED spending your birthday with you - thank you for letting me be part of that special day! Now, if only we lived closer and could spend more days together... alas.. (sigh)
Oh, and whenever you get around to starting the book you just let me know... I'll be sure to mail you the second one before you're finished reading it (because, of course, you WILL want to read the rest of the series!).
Love your blog! It looks all professional and stuff. I turn 30 this weekend and I think I might steal some of your goals. :)
Post a Comment