Thursday, February 4, 2010

And there he was...

So I had another one of those moments a few Sundays ago.  You know, those rare times when you can watch your child but they can't see you?  So you stare completely smitten and then they see you and smile.  And your heart fills up.  That's just what happened a few Sundays ago when I sneaked back into the nursery hall to retrieve the pager I forgot.  And there was Mr. Vincent.  Sitting contently in an umbrella stroller, one hand pulling his sweater into his mouth to knaw on, the other clutching his foot.  Just sucking away on that sweater, sweet as can be.  And at that moment I was so thankful.  For his happy disposition, his health, his growth. 

He will be 8 months at the end of the week and his little personality is starting to shine through.  He likes Saltine crackers, any kind of fruit, and toys that make loud sounds.  He requires a lengthy holding before laying down for the night (I am much to happy to oblige).  Once down he will talk to himself for a good five minutes before falling asleep.  His face lights up when his daddy walks in the door.  He loves the dogs and will look for them on command.  His sister can make him laugh like no one can.  His favorite book is "Shake it Up Baby" by Karen Katz.  He is a bit of an adrenaline junkie - loves roughhousing, falling back on the bed, and standing up at all times.  We are convinced he is saying "dada" appropriately although one might say he is quite attached to his mama.  He dislikes being constrained in any way - this includes getting dressed in the morning when he flops around like a fish out of water trying to get away and feeding time when he refuses to finish a bottle - "I mean there are things to see, toys to explore."  He wishes his legs would carry him to the object of his intent but alas he gets stuck on his tummy which makes him "M-A-D - MAD!"  He army crawls but would rather walk.  He is a delight, delight, delight and is growing up way too fast.


No comments: