Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"You Better Sit on Your Bottom or No Rats!"

as stated by Mommy to Ana Sophia while in Petsmart on October 13, 2009.

Strange isn't it? A little background: Sophia's other obsession (besides Sesame Street) is Lady and the Tramp. It's in the Disney fault right now, so we check it out from our local library. Do you remember the scene where Tramp keeps the rat from attacking the baby? Followed by the horse and carriage scene where Trusty gets injured. Miss Sophia asks to watch those two scenes over and over. Note to parents of younger children: try to withhold the knowledge that DVDs can be rewound - it will save you a lot of trouble. :) I think the scenes scare her a little and she is trying to wrap her mind around them.

Anyway, we were headed to Petsmart yesterday for Bella's annual visit to the vet. I informed Sophia that there would be rats there - just like on Lady and the Tramp. Very exciting for a girl who has never seen a rat (thankfully) - that animal that causes so much trouble in her favorite movie. Well it was my leverage walking into the store. You see, I had Vincent in the car seat in the front of the cart, Bella on a leash, and Sophia's job was to sit in the body of the cart. Needless to say, my hands were full and I was worried she would fall out of the cart - as beautifully illustrated on the shopping cart warning label. Enter the above quote. Did she comply? Thankfully, yes. Who knew rats could be so motivating?

Two under two with two dogs to boot. Crazy life at times. But you know what - I did it - I spent 30 minutes in a large chain store with two children in diapers and a rambunctious dog on a leash. Not only did we survive we had a good time. Success!
Are you so glad that I included a picture? :)

1 comment:

The Lindseys said...

Oh my goodness-love it-what a great mommy! Isn't toddlerhood exhausting and yet the most exciting moments of your life all at the same time??? Btw, I'm obviously REALLY behind on reading, but I love your blog-it always make me laugh and or ponder something :)