Well, month 3 came and went. It's amazing - with two running (figuratively, not literally - Mr. Vince's chewy chunk legs are not quite ready to get up and run) around your house time moves at warp speed. At this rate I will be forty by the end of next year. In an effort to catch you up to speed, here are a few things going on in Vincent's life.He weighed in at 14 pounds, 1 ounce at his 3 month appointment placing him in the 70th percentile - he was in the 70's for everything - height, head circumference, etc. I would estimate that 75% of that weight rests in his legs. They are wide and chunky. I must say, I've always wanted a baby with chunky legs. They are just so squeezable! And squeeze I do - over and over throughout the day. Chewy Chunks - I love those little thighs! Will he read this post as a teenager, turn bright red, and chastise his mother for writing these words? Probably. Does that change my desire to share with the world just how cute those little thighs are - NO.
Check out those thighs!
In the sleeping/self-soothing area he is sleeping in his crib from 7:30 - 5:30, 5 out of 7 days of the week. The other 2 days he wakes up an additional 1-2 times. Except for this last week when he's been up every 2-3 hours - I have no idea why. Well, maybe he's teething. I can see those 2 bottom teeth just under the surface and he is biting EVERYTHING and drooling up a storm - who knows. With babies it's a guessing game. Self-soothing: Vincent came out of the womb and within minutes had two little fingers in his mouth (check out this pic taken a few minutes after his birth). Well, nothing has changed. He loves to suck on his fingers and has found his thumbs too. Quite cute. I know, I know, cute for now. He is also starting to take to a lovie - a little blue lamb given by our next door neighbor - holding it in his clutch while he naps.
Napping. Mr. Vince is suffering the fate of thousands of 2nd born children out there. He naps on the go. His morning and 5:00 naps are often in the car or stroller (something I never would have allowed with Sophia) and his long afternoon nap sometimes occurs here:Because this is where he is the happiest and miraculously deaf to his sister's LOUD play voice. But today as I write this he is sleeping soundly in his crib for his afternoon nap. Of course, this might be disturbed by the workermen outside cutting the trees back from the powerlines. Truly, the sleeping in the swing thing has always stressed me out. Mostly because I love this book by this pediatrician, who does not recommend swing sleeping past 3 months. But then again, this physician recommends it - says it mimics the womb. Isn't it funny how there are so many opinions out there as to how to take care of your infant? And these "experts" are always contradicting one another. Well, here's the way I look at it, at least for today: There is an ideal that does not always work out practically. Sometimes you have to try what works for the time and then each new day try to move towards the ideal. And not worry about not measuring up in the mean-time. We'll get there eventually. I mean, my goodness, it's a swing and when he's nine years old I'm sure his time in the swing will not have permanently scarred him! :) Am I little defensive? Yes. We all have our mother issues, right?
Other milestones since the last update? He has rolled over 2 times from tummy to back - I think because he hates being on his tummy so much. He is cooing up a storm. I notice it most when I have him in the Bjorn walking around the neighborhood. I adore those sounds. And finally, the smiling. Vincent smiled early and hasn't stopped since. That smile is the delight of my day. And now, he's laughing too. Sometimes during tickle torture (on his neck and thighs) but sometimes with just the sound of our voices. As Sophia likes to say, "Laughin' boy!"
Quality father-son time.
Mommy snuggling Vince!
More great time with big sister.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing, Sarah! Vincent & Sophia are gorgeous kiddos--and I love reading your commentary on their growings & doings--y'all are truly blessed!
Augghhh, I SOOOO have to come visit!
Love love love the chubby thighs and how laid-back he seems to be.
And I'm noticing a trend here; so your kiddos both love lambs huh? I think I know what the next pet will be... yeah, right. :-)
Post a Comment