This one was taken while still in the hospital. It's a good shot of all his hair!
In this mother's opinion, Vincent is handsome, content, and sweet. He really seems at peace with the world right now and that brings us such relief and joy. He is sleeping well - 2-3 hour chunks through the night and is already more alert during the day.
The Morlandt family is adjusting to all the changes one day at a time. I promised myself that this time around I would take one day at a time, try not to project/worry too much about what the future would hold, and cherish the sweet newborn stage. Mama Jean has been a huge help. Sophia has enjoyed extra special playdates with Mama Jean and the grandparents, arriving back at our house red faced and happy. Tony has had a few extra days off from work and that's been so nice. This whole experience has brought us so much closer as a married couple. The labor, the birth, the first week - we've been able to do this together in a way that we were not when he was an intern in his program. Yea, medical school and yea, Tony for being such a good father both in word and deed. There is no way I would have survived labor without him holding my hand and whispering, "You can do this."
Sophia is trying to figure everything out and at times my heart breaks because her world has changed so much. But, she has a brother now, and there's no greater blessing for her in the long run. Sometimes she just looks over at me and the baby and her eyes are so inquisitive. She just doesn't understand yet.... Patience and prayers.
My cup truly runneth over as a mother. To have two beautiful healthy children. A supportive, loving husband. And family by my side to help in any way that we need. So many blessings. May I remember to praise God for "every good and perfect gift" (James 1:17) that comes from Him.
8 comments:
Awwww, what a handsome little boy! Thanks for posting pics of his cute head of hair.
I just about burst into tears when I read that Tony was whispering words of encouragement to you during the labor - what a wonderful husband you have! You two make such a great team.
Miss and love you all!
What a beautiful boy---absolutely perfect in every way!!! And, you are such a beautiful family. God bless you all :-)
Sarah and Tony...
Talked with Uncle Carl a little bit ago and learned about the blog... PRECIOUS children! I know that Mama Jean is BUSY with all the joys of being a grandparent.
I'll enjoy keeping up with all of you. Blessings and love,
Kathryn Land
Sweet boy! He looks quite a bit like Sophia!
Hi, y'all! Congratulations! Baby Vincent is beautiful! Y'all done good :o). I knew you were expecting, but I was a little behind on reading your blog (hadn't read since Oct. '08)...So I've enjoyed a liesurely morning of catching up! Maybe someday I'll be industrious and start one... May your blessings continue to abound!
He is so very handsome-I love the little chubby cheeks already :) We are so excited for you guys and know Sophia will love being a big sister! We love you and miss you guys!
Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing all the pictures. Sophia is an absolute doll! I know how you feel when you said that you look at her and think of how her life has changed. I think of the same thing when I look at Jocelyn and think about the two baby boys who have entered her life. She too is adjusting well. May God continue to bless you and your family always. Tell Mama Jean hello and that we miss her here at Floresville Elementary.
P.S. I'm loving the sweaters:)
What a sweet little man!! You seem to be handling being a mommy of 2 quite well. Your little ones are so precious and so loved. I hope we can meet them soon! Sleeping 2-3 hours is pretty good! Way to go Vincent :) Love seeing the updates!
Camille
Post a Comment