Valentine's Day morning was the usual fare of chocolates and cards during breakfast. It was a beautiful, cool day and Tony used his Saturday off to work on the latest house project, building a new patio for the arrival of baby #2. Sophia loves to be outdoors and although we have a great side porch, she would rather be in the backyard where she can run freely. So instead of sitting on the back steps to watch her, Tony has decided to build a nice patio for a swing and a few lawn chairs. I am so excited! It will be so nice to sit on the swing with our new little boy and watch Sophia run and play in a safe environment. I am so thankful for Tony's labor of love!
Sophia had a great Valentine's Day too. In addition to the beautiful rose bouquet, mommy and daddy bought her a new babydoll that makes lots of baby sounds, a play necklace, bubbles, and a ball for the new patio. She has really taken to the new babydoll - feeding it with the plastic bottle and sticking the pacifier in its mouth when it makes too much noise. Too sweet! I think she is going to be a great big sister.
And for all the grandparents reading this post, look forward to a be-lated but sweet Valentine from Miss Sophia. Her friends Lawson and Mrs. Taryn came over on Friday and we made some pretty cute Valentines - check your mailbox!
3 comments:
I love her red courderoy dress and heart tights! :) MJ
I'm so glad you updated the blog. I've been waiting and waiting for current information. I can honestly say I look forward to hearing about all the new experiences and adventures. Everytime I see pictures of Sophia, I go back and forth trying to decide who she resembles more-
Tony, or Mama Jean. Today, I have to lean more towards MJ. Either way, as always, Sophia is just "Precious."
I really wish you were closer-like in San Antonio again. I can't buy you coffee all the way over there, and nobody at my school knows what I'm talking about when I say, "Scootha May-Scootcha May Jones...... Miss you!
Adrienne - I miss you too! I thought about you the other day on my drive home when a Josh Groban song came on the radio. You had some seriously good tunes going on in the classroom! Good times. Good times. Thanks for checking out the blog. I hope your family is doing well!
Post a Comment