Sunday, February 15, 2009

ON SUNDAY!


Well, it's been awhile since I've written a Wednesday (ha!ha!ha!) book review but I'm back and with 2 amazing books for all the grown-ups out there. The first was a recommendation from our friends The Hoppers:


Click here for a synopsis of the book. And here for the official website. To be honest, I knew about this book long before I made up my mind to read it. I was nervous because the subject matter seemed a little too sad, too much to deal with, especially with a new baby girl. But, I read it mostly because I knew that it would deal with some of the issues I find most troubling in my walk of faith. Can I really trust God when bad things happen? Why do bad things happen to good people? How do you not lose faith in the middle of tragedy? And, although, this book does not provide all the answers to these tough questions it gave me alot to think about and left me desiring a more intimate relationship with God.

No comments: