Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fabulous Friday


Yesterday was a truly "Fabulous Friday," spent with new friends. Our friends Beth and Jaden (who turns a year next week) met us at our house and we walked down to the church at the end of the street for the Lil' Lambs Consignment Sale. Taryn and Lawson met us there too and we threw elbows with the rest of the mad crowd to get some serious goodies. And because Mimi and Pops would be interested to know, I bought all of this for just $59.00:

1. 7 books
2. 1 cute play outfit
3. 1 sweater poncho
4. 1 Little People Noah's Ark set
5. 1 walker push toy
6. 1 Melissa and Doug wooden puzzle
7. 1 Play-Doh Make a Meal Bucket (lots of Play-Doh accessories)
8. 1 pull along Xylophone
9. 1 Giant Halloween Bow (Sophia will be just too cute in it!)
10. 1 Infantino Spinning Top Toy

And probably the greatest deal of all:

11. 1 Leap Frog computer with 4 books and 3 cartridges (Thanks Taryn for scouting out this awesome deal! The computer and books alone would cost more than $60.00!).

I will probably use several of the toys at work until Sophia is old enough to play with them. In my opinion, consignment shopping is the way to go for toys as long as they are in good condition.

After shopping we went to the neighborhood coffee shop and let the 3 kiddos run around. And yes, Sophia does run around while holding on to furniture and speed crawling on the floor. Yes, I let her crawl on the floor in a public place. Something I said I would never do but just practically works. The child will have an immunity system of some kind of superhuman species by the time she's two (at least that's what I'm choosing to believe).

I love this coffee shop because they have a kid's room and they are so laid back about your kids running around, mashing bagels and crackers underfoot. It was nice to sit back with some other moms and discuss all those things that before you had kids seemed so insignificant: like how many hours a day your child sleeps, how many ounces of milk they drink each day, how to introduce a sippy cup (this is a major issue in the Morlandt household), and how to keep your sanity when your baby is teething. Besides stealing eachother's sippy cups and pacifiers they played well together (or I guess I should say alongside eachother). Sophia seemed to enjoy hanging out with the boys!

There are several consignment sales coming up in the next few months so I guess there will be quite a few "Fabulous Friday" editions dedicated to cataloguing what I hope will be some pretty awesome deals. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

The Hoppers said...

Hooray for consignment sales! Can't wait to hit the next ones with you. Bummed that you are out of town on Saturday!