On Friday!
If Sophia could type and spell I think she would want to share with you her favorite (at least I think it's her favorite:) ) illustrator/author: Karen Katz!
Sophia adores Karen Katz books. Katz books have bright illustrations and the flaps are easy for Sophia to grasp and lift up. Sometimes when Sophia is on the floor in the nursery she will pull all her books of the shelf and then immediately open the Katz books, flipping up one flap at a time. The text is simple and the illustrations are really beautiful. I like the different patterns Katz puts in each picture. For example on one page the mother has a printed dress, the couch is a separate print, and then the rug, curtains, and ball all have a print of their own too. It reminds me a little of Matisse:
Woman in a Purple Coat, Henri Matisse, Museum of Fine Arts Houston
Odalisque in Red Trousers, Henri Matisse, Musee de l'Orangerie, ParisHere are a few of the Karen Katz books in Sophia's library:
How about your kiddos/nieces/nephews/cousins: Do they have a favorite illustrator? Do you have a favorite illustrator?




No comments:
Post a Comment