Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Things Parents Say

I recently rediscovered a list in an old journal of funny things I've heard myself say to the children.  Here are a few to brighten your day:

1.  "We do not lick counters."
2.  "There is more to cake than icing."
3.  "Do not lick the truck."
4.  "Guys, please stop yelling 'No' at one another.  Yell 'flowers and sunshine,' or something else."
5.  "We must wear pants when we fly a kite."
6.  "Shoes do not belong in hummus."
7.  "We wear clothes when we play outside."
8.  "We do not put Velveeta in the sandbox!"
9.  "Please do not brush the dogs with your hair brush."
10.  "Why in the world is there poop on your feet?"

While this list makes me smile, it may be a rather telling picture of life in the Morlandt house.  Obviously my kiddos have a difficult time staying clothed through-out the day and they like playing with their food.  But then again, what kid doesn't?

And here's a picture - just because I love the men in my life:

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh, I love these...so so much. I can just hear your voice with each one. :)