Monday, April 9, 2012

Perpetual Easter

Easter 2012 did not disappoint.  Beautiful weather, flowers still abloom, great church service, delicious lunch, the delighted faces of my children.  As is tradition we started the morning with pictures on the front steps, followed by church. 
{4 years old with hair growing so long and beautiful.  Where has the time gone?}
{2 years old and about as sweet as they come.  This boy - he has my heart....}

{My heart might explode...}



{Everyone is looking and smiling at the camera!!!  A rare thing, indeed!}

{And this is how we get them to look at the camera - bribery}


After church we were invited to lunch at our neighbor's house. They provided a delicious Honeybaked Ham and yummy mint tea. Everyone else brought a side. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Some people have the gift of opening up their home effortlessly and warmly - my neighbor Sara most definitely has this gift!

After lunch were the mandatory Sunday naps - EVERYONE in our house naps on Sunday afternoon (and by naps I mean dead to the world, warm, red imprints on cheeks, slobber on the pillow, naps) - the kiddos hunted eggs. The had such a great time that we decided to hide the eggs again in the front yard, and again in the bushes, and again for the parents to find them. Even today, the Monday after Easter, we are still hiding eggs!
{Easter baskets!}

{Getting ready to hunt!!}
{On your mark.  Get set.  GO!!!!}


{Another hunt?  Yes, I believe we shall....}

The funny thing about Easter is that I'm never disappointed come Monday morning.  I never have a sense of let-down that the holiday is over, rather I feel rejuvenated.  This year I read so many great blog posts about Holy Week (here and here).  I also read Philip Yancey's thoughts in his daily readings book, Grace Notes.  Tony and I studied and taught the Easter lesson in our Sunday School this year.  And as a result of all these readings and studies I felt completely bathed in the true meaning of Easter.  And today?  The day after Easter?  Today I give thanks that we live in a time of "perpetual Easter."  Our Savior still lives.  And although we have Good Friday days and maybe even years, we live with the promise of another Easter Sunday to come - a day when He will make all things right.
He has Risen!  He has Risen indeed!

2 comments:

Uncle Andrew said...

Great pics for sure. Loved the comments about Easter as well. Our pastor's sermon was about taking Easter and applying to our daily lives; that is we are saved eternally but also daily by Jesus' sacrifice. Love you guys! He is risen indeed!!!!

Lindsey said...

Oh, Sarah...these pictures are absolutely precious. So thankful for your precious family! He is risen, indeed!