Friday, September 30, 2011

A Weekend Away with the Girls...

Sometimes I imagine a getaway weekend with my dearest of friends.  All of us together in one crazy weekend away from husbands and kids, jobs and responsibilities.  A boutique hotel.  Fancy dinners.  Shopping.  Laying in the sun.  The funny thing is that they wouldn’t know each other and the only common denominator would appear to be me.  But this isn’t quite true.  For as I study the women who bless me with their friendship, I realize that although they are scattered across I10 and I20 connecting Alabama to Texas and although they became my friends at different points in my life, they all have a few things in common.
 
They are fiercely strong.
Independent.
Intelligent.
And Deep.

They are funny.
Quirky.

Wise.

And kind.


They are teachers.
Confidants.

Encouragers.

And Friends.

I am thankful for every one of them.  And someday.  Someday.  I will gather them all together and tell them how special they are not just to me but to so many.  How they enrich lives and make people smile.  Until that time I will dream.  Of a getaway in Savannah, New Orleans, or New York.  San Francisco, Prince Edward Island, Boston, or The Florida Keys…..  Can you see it, my friends?  Wouldn’t we have a grand time?
*************

Today's 5 Minute prompt over at GypsyMama was "On Friends."  Will you join me in writing for 5 minutes?

4 comments:

Misty said...

i love this... I dream of getaways with the girls too!

Jenn said...

what an awesome post.. i love love it! and i loved your blog design. Glad I popped by !

Gina said...

I'm in! Let's get away.

Stacy @ Heartprints of God said...

I love this, too! SO much truth. Friends come in all shapes and sizes, places and spaces in our lives and yet deep down, they are all that you so beautifully described.

GREAT write-
~Stacy