Friday, September 9, 2011

In Real Life


In real life my bathroom has mold and I have no motivation to clean it.

In real life my kids sometimes watch too much TV in the morning.  I offer words of frustration rather than encouragement.  I worry about things that really do not matter.  I do not pray as often as I should.

In real life there are days that never seem to end and I daydream about marching into the hospital and demanding my husband back. 
In real life fast food works.

In real life they throw tantrums.  In real life, she calls me a scallywag and a mean octopus (see above about too much TV).  In real life his nose never stops running and I use my hands to clean it because I never have a tissue.

In real life there are people who need to see our real life.  Not our blog life.  Not our shiny persona.  Just the messy, struggling creature we all can be.  In real life.

*********
Keeping the time limit and keeping it real today over at GypsyMama.  Join me in writing about "in real life?"



6 comments:

McKt said...

I love this! Our In Real Life's are pretty similar, so comforting. And, I would die if I heard her call you a scallywag! I love reading about your good stuff, but knowing there is the everyday stuff too!

Tammy_Skipper said...

What a great post on 'real life' and so so true! You remind me of the words Angie Smith shared with us at Relevant '10 in Harrisburg last year...she called it 'blogging from the ballroom' when we share the perfect, positive without the reality. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts today.

Anonymous said...

Yes. I identify. Truth is we all do. Trying to live Christ in the real world and not be intoxicated with the blogging world... that is real life.
Brooke
P.S. Saw you at Gypsy Mama. :)

Amy said...

Love your vision of real life! Am visiting from Gypsy Mama, by the way. And I'm a knitter, too. :)

Gina said...

Love what you said about stealing Tony back.

And I appreciate honesty (to a point) on blogs.

Love you.

Wendy said...

I love it, Sarah! I'm so glad to know your life isn't perfect. ;-D My favorite is the part about dreaming of stealing Tony back. :) I totally identify with the mold in your bathroom. lol