Is this also true for you or am I the only one still in my pjs at 2 p.m. doing laundry and organizing bookshelves?
I returned from our Texas trip at the beginning of August with a fire in my belly to get my house organized! Maybe it was the "four years of owning this house itch" or the nasty stain on Sophia's rocker, either way I stayed in my pajamas for about a week scrubbing upholstery, treating carpet stains, and reorganizing the kiddo's books and toys. I was a woman possessed.
Now with school back in session and fall around the bend, I find myself making schedules in my mommy notebook in an attempt to keep productivity high. Bible Study Fellowship starts back in September and Kindermusik next week. Thursdays are errand days and Mondays laundry day. Fridays are for playdates and Sundays for church. The days are filling up and the summer slipping away. When caught in the hustle and bustle of scheduling each moment I forget that moments won't last.
But that is a truth about life, it's fleeting and schedules only help us make the most of every moment. So I will continue to schedule away. Except Saturdays and Sunday afternoons. Those are for spontaneity - don't you think? Those are the fishing trips, the naps, the walks around the neighborhood. The ice cream store. The backyard reading. The picnics. Those are the moments of refreshment capable of fueling us for the scheduled week ahead.
{Saturday morning Farmer's Market}
As I schedule, plan, and set goals for the fall I am intentionally carving out more time to write; both here on the blog and in a few other arenas. I will share a little secret with you. I LOVE to write. From the time I learned to form letters with my hands and string them together creating words in my mind, I've had a passion for the written word. I'm an ardent reader and a clandestine writer. Clandestine until just recently when my husband blew my cover by signing me up for a writing class for my 31st birthday. Always my biggest supporter, he convinced me to get serious and intentional with my writing. His encouraging words along with friend's and family's sent me timidly into my first writing class last Spring. Convinced the class participants would throw me out after my first reading I began to develop a new identity as a writer when they shockingly validated my words. I am prayerfully embarking on this journey while claiming this scripture, "Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)." May my writing glorify Him and accomplish His purposes for my life...
On that note I want to introduce you to what I hope will be a regular feature here on Knit Together: "Monday's Musings." Each Monday I will muse aloud about God. His Word. His work. His people. I possess no special training that qualifies me to muse except that I'm His. And I'm curious. And I love to write. And I hope to bless. Encourage. I hope you will muse right along with me in your comments, blogs, and e-mails. Not every entry of "Monday's Musings" will be about faith. They may be as random as random can be because sometimes my musings are just that: random.
"Monday's Musings." Look for them this Monday. Oh, and if you are in the neighborhood and knock on my door, please understand that it may take awhile for me to answer. With all this writing, cleaning, and scheduled productivity, you may have caught me in my pjs....
3 comments:
I am a planner too. There is something soothing to me about lists, schedules, and dreamed up future plans. I love them!
I didn't know that about your writing classes. The blog is such a great place to showcase your talent. I can't wait for your musings!
Excited to read your new venture! Glad you are persuing writing more, you are very good :)
Post a Comment