{Vincent Laws Anthony Morlandt - June 6, 2009}
I pray certain moments in my life will remain embedded in my mind even when I am old and grey. That I will never forget. Never forget the first baby flesh to snuggle close to my chest – flesh to flesh. Never forget looking up from the hospital bed, where I lay trying not to laugh or cough or move too much, and seeing the trees change color the day after Ana Sophia entered the world. Never forget the stillness. The absolute quiet of the labor and delivery room where I laid smiling at our new precious boy. Not a peep in the room. Just me, just Anthony, and our newborn son. There are not words for the love in that room. Never forget standing at the altar singing the words, “Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, blessings all mine, with 10,000 beside. Great is Thy Faithfulness. Great is Thy Faithfulness. Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is Thy faithfulness Lord unto me.” Never forget giggling after our first kiss as husband and wife. Never forget. Never forget. Never forget.
So glad to be back with 5 Minute Friday over at Gypsy Mama. Will you join me in writing for 5 minutes today about "forgetting?" I would love to hear your thoughts.

3 comments:
You remind us how memorable and special such moments are! Thanks!
Thanks for visiting my site today. I love your site! I love the reference to "knit together" and Psalm 139. I even started a knitting group with the same name!
Oh yes! those are the things I never want to forget.
Peacefully wishes,
Melissa
Post a Comment