Friday, December 17, 2010

What We've Been Up To....

It's that time of year when everyone is busy running from party to party, shopping for everyone on the list, planning trips, packing, organizing, decorating, cleaning, etc.  Things are no different here in the Morlandt household.  Here are a few pictures and tidbits as to our goings-on.  You may notice we have a new lens for our camera.  I am enjoying it immensely even though it came at a hefty price as a result of the previous lens and our actual camera going kaput.  Note to self:  never, ever take a digital SLR to the beach again.  Never, ever.  Those pictures were not quite priceless, let me tell you.  Moving on.  Here's what we're up to...

Decorating the house for Christmas!

{We buy ornaments on every trip we take.  The yellow one above is from the glass blower at Dollywood in Gatlinburg.  The stained glass is from the Frank Lloyd Wright museum in Chicago.}

{This ornament is extra special.  Given to us by Mimi on our first Christmas as a married couple}

{Our "Christmas angel" is from our honeymoon in Maui.}


{And of course, the baby's first Christmas ornaments!}
There's been lots of baking.  Sophia is quite the helper in the kitchen.


Braving the cold weather because we CANNOT stay inside!

Celebrating birthdays. {Jean Jean's}

Trying out our Christmas presents.

{We had our "Morlandt family" Christmas this last Tuesday}

Drinking lots and lots of hot chocolate and lattes using this anniversary gift

{My favorite recipe?  Two cups of French press Starbucks espresso roast.  Add frothed milk and Coffee-Mate Cinnamon Bun creamer}

And finally, preparing our hearts for the reason for the season.
{Through the various Christmas programs and sermons at church I've been reminded of the humbleness of the manger scene.  I hope to share my thoughts soon, along with all the other posts I have in my mind but not on paper.}

We are headed to Texas on Sunday for a week busy with travel, tradition, and celebration!

1 comment:

The Hoppers said...

Is that teacup from Anthropologie? I almost got you one that looks very similar. Whew! Good thing I went with teen fiction! Sorry I missed your anniversary! The date was in my old phone! Happy anniversary!!!