Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Today I Married the Sweetheart of My Youth...

{All dressed up for a summer date}

Nine years ago today I married the boy I fell head over heels for in the Summer of 1998.  How the years are flying by, Anthony!  Just last month I discovered grey hairs sprouting along your temple and I thought, "We are growing old!"  Oddly, the thought doesn't scare me. 

What is my most precious dream for us?  That someday we will be grey headed.  I'm sitting in your lap in an overstuffed chair awaiting the arrival of our children coming home for the holidays.  That's it, babe.  Too silly?  Simplistic?  Well, it's MY dream and with each passing anniversary God brings us one step closer.

I'm thankful for the joys in the last nine years.  Thankful for the difficulties, the arguments, the trials because they draw us to our knees in prayer, bringing us all the more closer to one another. 

Enough of the mushy stuff, let's go celebrate with the kiddos at the local pizza joint, our very own "King's Crown."

2 comments:

Gina said...

I was just looking at pictures of your wedding last weekend! What a wonderful time we had!

Happy Anniversary, dear friends!

Laura said...

Even though this post was meant for Tony, just want you to know that it brought tears to MY eyes...

Y'all are such a wonderful couple :).

Happy (belated) Anniversary!