Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Birthday Questions


Sophia turned three years old last Friday.  In her mind she turned three at least four times in the last month as the celebrations were numerous this year.  Pictures and thoughts are forthcoming but in the mean-time I would like to share with you Sophia's "birthday questions" and responses.  After attending our neighbor's birthday celebration we asked to borrow their "birthday questions" tradition.  Each year, those gathered to celebrate are allowed to ask the birthday honoree any question.  The only stipulation?  The questions must be about the birthday honoree. 

We modified "birthday questions" for Sophia's age level.  Using my best speech pathologist skills I changed the questions to open ended statements, allowing her to fill in the response.  I also broke it up over a few days, asking them in the car, over dinner, and asking a few more than once.  As is appropriate for her age, her responses were based on the statements made immediately prior but I thought they were all precious!  Without further delay: 

Ana Sophia's 3rd Birthday Questions:

Sophia is happy when....
     "I'm outside playing with balloons."
     "I fly balloons"
     "I draw."

Sophia likes to eat....
     "bread and jelly."
     "broccoli."  (not sure about this one since I rarely fix broccoli - maybe I should more often?)

Sophia likes to watch...
     "Mickey Mouse."

Sophia wants to go...
     "to help that little boy get some medicine down from the oak tree."  (No idea what was going on here - just reporting the facts, friends.)

When I get big I want to be...
     "a doctor"

Daddy is...
     "a worker."

Mommy is...
     "a mommy."

Vincent is...
     "a magician.  I want Vincent to stay a little chunky baby.  Chunky Vincent Booshky."

2 comments:

Sara said...

I love it!

Wendy said...

So cute! Sophia looks so much like you (like you haven't heard THAT before!). I can't get over how much Vincent reminds me of both Andrew & Peter. I do see Tony in both of them, though, too. What a perfect blend of genes. :)