Friday, August 20, 2010

Quotes From the Trip

All the people, places, and new experiences of our three week trip to Texas made for some interesting commentary from Sophia.  This is just a small sampling of the sweet, funny, and insightful things she said on our trip:

Mimi and Grandpa's House:
Uncle Michael:  Sophia you better eat your dinner so you can grow up big and strong like me.

Sophia: {Stubborn silence with no movement toward plate}

Emily:  Don't you want to be good looking like your Uncle?

Sophia:  {While looking straight at her Uncle}  You're not THAT good looking.

{Yes, I'm aware that the above quote is kind-of sassy.  And yes, I corrected her.  It's just one example of Sophia's quick wit that we struggle to handle with a straight face and firm resolve.}

**************************

Sophia:  MIMSTER! {Sophia started calling her Mimi this during the trip}

**************************


Sophia:  Mimster, are you impressed?  {Marching out of the bathroom onto the front deck after using the potty for the first time at Mimi's house}

When Having Tummy Issues:
Sophia:  Give me space!  I need space!


At the Farm:
Sophia{To a fly that was landing on my arm} Don't make my momma messy.  She's wonderful and married.

(Side note:  Sophia is quite taken with the idea of marriage since we looked at my wedding album at the farm and attended my cousin's wedding in Texas.  She loves talking about how her mommy and daddy are married.  And in an act of pretend that absolutely melts my heart, she dances around with Vincent proclaiming, "We're married!")

In the Car:
Sophia:  Jean Jean, go catch that truck! {Shouted from the backseat to Jean Jean while driving directly behind a large truck}

*****************************

Sophia:  What's that black spot Mama? {Pointing to a spot on my arm as I sat between she and Vincent in the back seat}
Me:  That's a sun spot that I got on this trip.
Sophia:  That's o.kay.  I forgive you Mr. Sun.

A Conversation that Broke my Heart and Cut our Trip a Day Short:

Sophia: {In bed with me at the farm at the end of our trip} Momma, it's time head back.
Me: Head back where?
Sophia:  Sophia's house.
Me: {In an attempt to clarify since every new house was "Sophia's house" on the trip} Where's your house?
Sophia:  On the street far, far away.  The white house in Alabama.  I think my daddy's home.
Me:  {Fighting guilt}  You're right.  Do you want to call him?
Sophia:  No.  I think he's home.  It's time head back.  My house has a slide, and sandbox, and my princess dress.

Back Home:
Sophia:  {While running around her room, touching everything} Oh my perfect bed!  Oh my perfect rocker! Oh Clifford! Oh my pink chair!.......


2 comments:

C and G said...

LOVE her little witty personality!! These are great quotes. She is too funny.

Gina said...

This is great! I'm so glad you shared this. What fun memories.