Brad and Barbie
I will be getting my exercise delivering this little care package down the street! Sophia had fun choosing the number and even identified it without any help. This might be an inexpensive, educational diversion for her in the near future!
As many of you guessed, the singer of the quoted lyrics is the late, great Johnny Cash in "Boy Named Sue." Tony's favorite singer of all time. In case you are unfamiliar with this song (as I was before I met Tony) here is the video of Cash's live performance at San Quentin Prison in 1969:
As long as we are on the subject of music I would like to share with you a few children's cds we recently checked out from the library. My personal favorite is the Lisa Loeb, Elizabeth Mitchell c.d. titled "Catch the Moon" with Tracks #2 and #8 being my favorite. Based on frequent requests, Sophia's favorite appears to be The "Johnny Cash Children's Album" (we repeatedly borrow this cd from the library. I change the words to "Miss Tara" to "Miss Ana Sophia" - she loves it!). We are also enjoying this cd (why am I just now discovering Elizabeth Mitchell?) and this cd (because it's Sophia's favorite movie right now). Vincent? He appears to enjoy all of the above but I wonder if constant drumming on his legs is a subtle hint to check out something with more of a rock edge? Sorry buddy, as of today Gene Simmons has yet to release a children's album.
Just thought I would share. Because, if you are like me, you are searching for children's music sung by someone other than a screechy "character", music that won't drive you insane or get (annoyingly) stuck in your head all day. Nice sing-along music. Nice rocking/lullaby music. All of the above cds fit the bill. Truth be told, I listen to them even when the kids aren't in the car. You may interpret this fact as evidence of their appeal to both child and adult or as just another sad example of how out of touch I'm becoming in this toddler world.
Who is Lady Gaga again? Just kidding. Sort-of.
1 comment:
Wow! We're so excited. Thanks Sophia!
Post a Comment