Wednesday, April 28, 2010
A Little Post-Call Exhaustion
This is what happened a couple of weeks ago when Tony was post call:
He was trying to be funny, showing me how soft the socks I bought him were. As he laid down on the floor to demostrate he stated, "I could use them as a pillow!" I laughed, shook my head at the dark circles under his eyes, and left the room to put Vincent down for the night. Sophia was watching "Between the Lions," her new favorite show. When I returned to the kitchen, about 15 minutes later, there he was. Completely crashed out on the kitchen floor. Sad, sad. I really do not know how he does it. Up all night on trauma call, catching cat naps here and there, or as was the case last Monday night, no sleep at all. Then heading over to the dental school or the operating room the next morning for more procedures. No wonder he crashes on the hard kitchen floor with only a few pair of socks cushioning his head! Well, at least I bought the more expensive, cushionny socks. I would hate to think what the off-brand would feel like! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Tony. I totally feel his pain. I once fell asleep in mid-sentence sitting upright when I was on trauma call. This too shall pass...
Poor Tony!! I don't know how they do it. (And it stinks when they are home and passed out on the kitchen floor in stead of helping get kids to be or doing the dishes.) But hey, almost 2 months down, right?!?!?!
Post a Comment