Vin made the transition beautifully despite numerous previous failed attempts. Another example of how they will let you know when they are ready....
For the last two weeks these have disappeared from Sophia's wardrobe:
That's right, with the exception of night-time, she's wearing "big girl undies" now. She's been accident free for five days. Way to go Sophia! Fortunately it was a really easy transition for Sophia. About 3 months ago her teachers at Mother's Day Out asked if I could send her in Pull-Ups so that they could work with her on potty training. I agreed knowing full well that we would not be following up at home. I just wasn't ready for the necessary adjustments that needed to be made at home and in our daily schedule. I mean how were we going to disappear for 3 hours in the neighborhood? I seriously contemplated lugging around a portable potty seat on top of the stroller but decided my family might become fodder for neighborhood gossip. Well, she was potty-trained at school within a matter of 2 weeks and the pressure was on. So I set a date for the end of April, making her 2 1/2 years old. I'm glad I waited because her communication skills are more developed and she is able to say when she needs to visit the restroom. Jelly beans and Starbursts were our allies. Really, it was much easier than I thought it was going to be. That being said, I know that each kid is different, especially in potty-training.
But friends, nothing compares to the battle to come. Yes, in May we will rid our home of these forever, once and for all....
No more for Vince. No more for Sophia. And yes, it will be akin to "The Clash of the Titans." Mom and Dad against the pacies. But oh how happy we will be when we no longer have to retrieve pacies from underneath the couch, the car seats, and behind the beds. Yes pacies, you must go the way of the dodo. Never to grace our house again.
(All images with the exception of the swing taken from Amazon.com)


No comments:
Post a Comment