Last weekend we brought the Margaret Wise Brown book, Big Red Barn to life when we visited a petting zoo at one of our local state parks. There was a "big red barn" and it was located in a "great green field." And almost all the animals in the book were there too. Only, we were able to take a hayride with tummies full of pancakes, biscuits, and other delicious breakfast foods from our trip to the Cracker Barrel earlier that morning. Yes, for the first time since Vincent's birth we braved eating out. It was a success. And the buttermilk pancakes? I swoon.
Here are some pictures from the petting zoo and our hike afterwards.
Chasing Sophia in the "great green field"
And if I was still doing the "Wednesday Book Review" I would definitely feature Margaret Wise Brown's Big Red Barn. Beautiful rhyming, interesting vocabulary, and simple bright illustrations. It's one of Sophia's favorites.

3 comments:
First, We love the Big Red Barn too!! So cute to get to see it come to life.
Second, we definately need to do a group hiking trip sometime. Looks so nice! The pops can wear matching backpacks :)
Love the book!!! Where is the actual big red barn? I think Lawson would like that!
Cute! We just painted our shed in the back to look like a "big red barn"--love it! Vincent is getting so big ;o)!
Post a Comment