Let me start off by saying that I am a little overwhelmed by all the posts I hope to write before the baby arrives. So much catching up to do! All day I jot down little things I would like to share with you and by the time I get home, well, life happens and exhaustion sets in. So, I will try to take baby steps towards bringing you up to speed on all that is going on here in our little abode...
Let's start with Easter. What a beautiful day both in the weather God gave us and the reason for celebration - Jesus' Resurrection. Let me just say, I love being in church on Easter Sunday. It's pure joy. Hope renewed.
Tony was post-call Easter Sunday morning but was able to make it to church and lunch afterwards at Mama Jean's. Speaking of lunch it was delicious. Honeybaked ham, green bean casserole, and my all time favorite - corn pudding - made to perfection. And for dessert - Edgar's strawberry cupcakes - delicious! Mama Jean, you are amazing!
I woke up extra early to get Sophia all ready for church. I bought her dress over a month ago and made some last minute purchases the Saturday before Easter Sunday - one large pink bow (the largest she's ever worn) and a nice pair of frilly socks to match her new, Spring white shoes. And because she is loved so much and has such a talented Mama Jean, Sophia was the recipient of another beautiful, hand-knit sweater from Mama Jean. I couldn't wait to see her all decked out. As I proudly dropped her off at the church nursery, I thought to myself, I could wear a potato sack and still be happy if Sophia was neatly dressed, clean, and cared for. Funny how things change....
Here are a few pictures from the day. As is typical, we chased Sophia to gather the pictures highlighted below. Also, the bow was lost in the church nursery. I was pretty upset but decided Jesus would not be too happy if I fussed at the volunteer nursery workers on Easter Sunday for misplacing a $6.00 bow on the day set aside for the celebration of His victory over death. Tad bit superficial. I digress.
Easter breakfast with Grover. "Mmmm...strawberry oatmeal my favorite!"
The table all set at Mama Jean's house for Easter lunch
Opening my Easter baskets. Yes, mommy and daddy give me practical things like a swimsuit and baby lotion. What can I say, daddy is still in school.
Can you see the beautiful sweater Mama Jean made me? I sure do look cute in those pictures on the little camera screen.
Thanks for helping me hunt eggs, Daddy!
This is why I need a bow or clip in my hair at all times. How am I supposed to hunt eggs with all this hair in my face?
3 comments:
So glad to see you blogging again! You tell little Sophia that my favorite oatmeal is strawberry also!
Thanks for the updated blog! And the pics are wonderful - as always little Sophia is a cutie pie. I can't wait to scoop her up in a few weeks!
Ahhh! So glad to hear the latest updates again. A day withough Sarah's blogs is like a day without Sunshine. :-)
-Adrienne
Post a Comment