Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow!

Sunday morning we woke up to this:


How exciting! The seasons are so fun here - never too extreme but still four distinct seasons. Although, it's very unusual to have this much snow in March! Sophia wasn't too sure what to think about the snow. She wanted to be out playing in it but once she was out there she was overwhelmed - by the cold, by the crunchiness, by the taste - yes she had to taste it! Poor baby, as Texas natives we did not have the appropriate snow wear for ourselves or our little one! Tony and I threw a few snowballs and we all headed inside to watch it fall - covered up with blankets while drinking warm hot chocolate!


It's falling everywhere!

I don't think I like it.
Much happier bundled up for a walk later that afternoon.


Look at all the melting snow!

You know what I like about snow? It's so quiet and so peaceful. Your sleeping away while a huge transformation takes place. The night before the world looks one way. And when you wake up a gentle giant has snuck into the world and created a beautiful, peaceful wonderland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the snow! How I miss it. It really is like waking up to a whole new world. Especially so when the snow has stopped falling and life outside is SO quiet.
Did you hear we had a 90 degree day here in Texas last week? I guess our "winter" is over...