I wrote this entry in my journal on 10-27-07 - 2 days before sweet Sophia made her entrance into the world. 10-27-07
One week, one day, one hour? Only God knows. Only He knows at what exact moment Ana Sophia will make her entrance into the world. It's hard to believe the nine months are almost over - the waiting, the dreaming all about to become reality. About to meet God's sweet creation - the little girl He knit together in my womb, the little girl He wonderfully made, the little girl He already knows, whose days are already ordained, already written in His book (Psalm 139). I'm so excited and at peace. What a blessing to be at peace. I look back over these journal entries and I'm struck at how God has been preparing me for motherhood. And I'm so grateful. So grateful that He is allowing me to be a mother. And now to be a good steward of what God has given me. I know that motherhood will force me on my knees in prayer more than any other challenge in life. And I know that I will meet Him there on my knees and He will be more than enough for me in each challenge I face - each challenge Tony faces - each challenge Ana Sophia faces. He WILL be enough. I'm sitting here in the nursery imagining life with sweet Sophia. What will it be like? Lord, I can't wait to meet her - truly waiting in anticipation.
And now I'm sitting here at the computer remembering this night one year ago. Waking up at 2 a.m. with contractions, heading to the hospital after Tony's morning rounds and then meeting sweet Sophia later that evening. And sweet Sophia, you exceeded our wildest imaginations. You have brought more joy, more depth, more love to our lives than we ever had before. We love you so much!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, what a wonderful year. I can't wait to see you all.
Post a Comment