Sunday, September 7, 2008

Meet Ana Sophia...


Yes, we've known this sweet baby for some time but in the last month her personality has truly come out. And because so much has happened in the last month and because this is our record of all those milestones and funny moments, I would like to share these updates and pictures (taken by Mama Jean last Tuesday) with you:
Milestones: She's waving. This started about a month ago. She will wave "hi" and "bye" and for no reason at all. On one of our walks she decided to sit straight up in her stroller and wave at all the trees and passerbys. She was definitely the queen sitting atop her convertible stroller waving in her own personal parade. She's walking. Last week she started taking two steps in a row and then sitting down. I'm happy to report that this evening she took five steps before sitting down. She's not a confident walker but she's a walker nonetheless. She's talking. Well, in technical speech therapy terms, she's using protowords. Says the same thing for books (ba), bottles (baba), and dog (ah, ah, ah imitating barking) but a stranger would not be able to discern her meaning. She does say "mama" (talk about heart standing still when I heard her say it for the first time) and "bye" clearly and with meaning, though.

Eating: She is eating more table food. I dice up peaches, plums, cheese, and grilled cheese sandwiches. I shred turkey, ham, roast beef, and spaghetti. She devours it all with her sweet little fingers. She still drinks between 3-4, 7 ounce bottles a day and refuses the sippy cup. Of course, she loves to drink out of Mama Jean and I's glasses - spilling water everywhere!

Favorites: Sophia loves Lambie! Lambie is needed in her crib for all naps and bedtimes. He is her companion on many adventures around the house and in town. He is her comforter in the church nursery. But most of all he's the tastiest thing around!


Books! I've said this a million times before but sweet baby loves her lift the flaps books. During playtime she goes between her books and her Leapfrog music table. Oh, and let's not forget the bookshelf where she enjoys pulling off everything!!!
Personality Plus: Sophia is doing some pretty cute baby things right now - dancing to music and tilting her head to put the phone to her ear. But here are some things that I think are pretty unique Sophia (although your precious babies may be doing these things too :)): Sic Em' Bears: Mama Jean, Tony, and I are teaching Sophia the ol' Sic' Em' Bears cheer. Here's a picture of her progress. She's doing pretty well and even pairs the movement with a little high squealed "eigh!"


Sharing her food: Her daddy taught her this sweet habit. During meals, if we say to Sophia, "Hey, may I have some?" while we open our mouths real big, she will pick up a piece of food and stick it in our mouths. Gooey, slobbery ham never tasted so good! Tippie Toes: Ana Sophia loves to stand on her tippie toes to grab things that she probably shouldn't be grabbing.


Bye, Bye Mama Jean - When I get home from work Sophia knows the routine. Mama Jean hands her to me and last Thursday she turned to Mama Jean, waved, and said, "bye." Unsolicited and clear as day. Night, night Pinocchio: We bought a Pinocchio mask when we were in Florence for Sophia (at the time we weren't sure if she was going to be a girl or boy). Here's a picture of Tony with the mask maker who signed it on the back with a personal message to Sophia:

Well Pinocchio hangs beside the hall doorway. We've taught Sophia to wave good morning and good night to Pinocchio each day. And now whenever we say,"Pinocchio," whether we are at the house or not, she will wave. Makes us laugh everytime. Maybe we shouldn't be teaching her random tricks like that? Oh, but it's too cute to pass up...

I am delighting in this little girl and looking forward to watching her personality emerge more each day. Just think, the next update will probably be at 12 months. The time has flown by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, the tip toe thing is just beautiful! She is absolutely adorable. You guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

Peter

Grethel Van Epps said...

Hi Sarah,
I followed the link from my blog to yours.. :)
Thank you for the comment!.. Your baby girl is adorable!.. I'd be honored to take her 1st year pictures. You know where to find me ;)