Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's a Homemade Blog Makeover

Just a quick little entry on the new look of the blog. Yes, it's very girly now and a little bright but I had fun playing around. It was a throwback to all those card making days - fun times! Well anyway, after looking into paying for a blog makeover (there are some amazing blog designers out there including: Danielle, Eightcrazy Great Blogs, and Eclectic Whimsy Designs - these are my favorite ones), I decided to be adventuresome and give it a try on my own. If you are interested in doing something like this for your blog check out this website: http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/. She has the inside scoop on how to create your own custom background and header in Photoshop or Paint. I used the Paint program because it's a free download and then bought an inexpensive digital scrapbooking kit from Scrapartist. Scrapartist is amazing - I love all the paper choices, it's like being in an amazing paper store but without the tired legs from the hours of standing there staring at the beautiful paper, feeling it, picking up about 30 sheets, walking around and putting them back because you already have tons of unused sheets at home, eyes burning because you've been at the store a tad too long - oh yes, I have an obsession with paper!

It took me awhile to get reacquainted with the Paint program. It really is like painting, once you put something down you can't change it. I stayed up until midnight last night completing the blog (completely irresponsible) only to change it during Sophia's nap this afternoon. I can get a little obsessive about these things. So you are to keep me accountable. No more changing the format until the fall, at which point I will chose some fallish colors, a little more mellow.

Hope you found this interesting. Hope you like the new format to the blog. If not, sorry, it will be with you until the fall. Thanks for reading anyway :). I must limit myself. Paper, even digital paper (crazy world we live in - digital paper???), is like ice cream for me, moderation is a serious issue.

5 comments:

The Hoppers said...

I am totally impressed! It looks great. Did I mention snack AND a lunch?

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new background! So cute and sooooo you!
Can't wait to see ya in a month or two!

MamaMia said...

Love the makeover!! I so want to be you...take initiative to learn/buy the programs needed to create my own design, but then I remember that I don't have the time AND I'm not creative so that's a problem. ;)

I'll just have to continue saving my pennies when I need a makeover.

Job well done!!

Anonymous said...

I love the blog and appreciate all the hard work you put into keeping us all up to date. Very snazzy look!!