Well, it's been quite awhile since I blogged. When I saw my family last weekend, my brother said, "Please update the blog, I'm a little tired of looking at that strange man." I guess not everyone shares my enthusiasm for Marc Chagall! :) So here's the update and get ready for a long one because much has happened in little Sophia's life:
Favorite time of day: In the evening right before bedtime we place Sophia in the crib and give her 10-15 minutes of playtime. It is so fun to watch. She screeches, babbles, and acts like a little Indian (the hand over mouth over and over thing) and stands up and plops down on "go." She loves this time but I think we love it even more.
Favorite toys: Sophia continues to love books. If toys and books are on the floor she will immediately pick up a book, turn it around in her hands, open it, play with the textures - it's so cute. Sophia also likes to swing. Our neighbor lets us use her swing and Sophia just smiles and babbles the whole time.
Firsts: Two bottom teeth! Haircut (July 16th) - she did great! I miss the pigtails but the haircut is precious. The stylist actually layered it a little and now she is a very chic baby! Zoo with our friends Taryn and Lawson. We had the best time. We went to the zoo right after it opened and enjoyed seeing the animals roam about. My favorite were the tigers (they actually came right up to the glass!) Sophia seemed to notice the monkeys since they moved around a lot but that was about it. After the zoo we went to a little pharmacy turned restaurant that serves the best pimento cheese sandwiches. Natives correct me if I'm wrong, but here in the South you can judge a restaurant by their chicken salad, pimento cheese, and sweet tea. This place definitely rates in my book! The babies looked so sweet together! Lawson is precious and charmed every person who walked in the restaurant. It's fun to see what we have to look forward to. Swim - Sophia had her first swim while we were visiting family in Dallas (of course I forgot the swimsuit Mimi bought her - sorry). She did well and I think we will try to go more often. Secretly, the pool makes me nervous but I'll get over it.
Sophia checking out the pool situation.
What we're looking forward to: Sophia is just about ready to walk. She is creeping along the furniture and pulls up on everything. She has started to stand on her own for short periods of time too. We'll see...
Tony and I are doing well also. Tony started medical school in June and is currently on the OB-GYN rotation. Good, sad, joyful experiences all around. I am working hard at my job and loving the kiddos. We just finished summer camps and now I'm back to the regular routine of individual therapy. Mama Jean and Sophia enjoy their days together. Sophia truly lights up when MJ walks in the door, Jane Fonda moves and everything! MJ has taken up canning and we are the grateful recipients of peach, fig, and blueberry jams!
Love to all! - SJM
4 comments:
Hi Sarah. Sophia is just adorable. I've said that a hundred times, but she is.
Definitely let me know when you guys are coming to town so we can catch you.
FYI, our "Newlywed" SS class is no more. With all our transition issues at TBC, there were absolutely no "new" couples or even visitors. It was always the Grants, Actons and us...the teachers were teaching the teachers. So we've disbanded for now. The Grants are the YMA education coordinators, trying to keep everyone informed and on the same page. Carroll and I are currently floaters among all the YMA classes. We've enjoyed getting to know other couples.
Sorry for the long comment. Keep us posted on your visit. Can't wait to see you.
Much love,
Monica
They are soooo cute together! We definitely have to do more lunches at "Pimiento Cheese Heaven"!!!!
Ok Thanks for posting! Seriously that picture of that guy kind of was creeping me out.
Sophia is SO precious. Love the funny faces she makes...
Was great seeing you both last weekend! Tony, We miss you but know you are working hard...
Such a cutie pie! Thanks for updating the blog with all the great photos. And so many firsts with little Sophia.
Let us know when you're coming in to town.... Missing you!
~ Laura
Post a Comment