CRAWLING!
Sophia started crawling two weeks ago and hasn't stopped since. She starts off on all fours takes a few steps forward and then falls on her belly. Then she maneuvers all over the house on her belly using her arms and legs (a modified army crawl). She has also discovered pulling herself up to a standing position, which is a real problem in the bath. She wants to be standing all the time, even in the slippery sink. Don't worry, our hands are on her at all times.
I must say, Sophia is a very busy baby. If she's in our lap she is squirming to get something on the bedside table. If she's on the floor, she's crawling to get something across the room. If she's in her highchair she wants a spoon to bang. And the most challenging of all, if she's on the changing table, she flips over to go after the doorknob. The only time she is completely still is when we are reading her favorite books, which are as follows:
It took Sophia awhile to learn and warm up to the Boynton books but now she is completely delighted by them. I love reading this book to her. It's fun for adult and baby alike!
Sophia loves Moo, Baa, La La La! because of all the sounds you make while you read it. The dogs are her favorite!
Five Shiny Stars was her favorite from birth. She started off fascinated by the shiny stars and now anticipates the song at the end. Great book!
Sophia loves to lift the flaps on this book. She has figured out that they go up. And just this morning, I noticed that she does her Jane Fonda moves on the cuddly baby, cranky baby, and sad baby pages. Maybe because Mama Jean and I make such silly sounds? The speech therapist in me likes this book because of the language/imitation aspect of the baby sounds.
It is so fun to watch her discover new things. She's very serious about her explorations and very intent on getting what she wants. I think she takes after her daddy - inquisitive to the core!
2 comments:
Our favorite baby/board books around here have always been Boynton Books. You have to get the Philadelphia Chickens book with the CD because it has the Pajama Time song on it...so fun! In fact, I love all the Boynton CD books because the songs are great and sung by somewhat famous people or groups.
We checked Philadelphia Chickens out from the library a few days ago. We love it! Although, I've been singing Pajama Time all wrong! Thanks for the suggestion!
Sarah
Post a Comment