Thursday, May 22, 2008

My, How her Hair is Growing!


It's always the first comment of anyone who meets Sophia, "My look at all that hair!" Followed by, "Did you have lots of heartburn while you were pregnant?" Who knew that heartburn in pregnancy is an indication that you will have a baby with a head full of hair (or so that old wife says)? As Sophia grows I'm trying my best to keep up with her hair but I must admit I'm a slacker in this area. To further complicate things, the South requires hair bows, at all times, to be placed neatly on top of every girl's head ranging from birth ("just stick some toothpaste on her head to make 'em stick") to the start of junior high. The South also requires a plentiful supply of smocked dresses, which I must say, I enjoy buying for Sophia. But back to the hair, I'm in a debate with myself as to cut it or not. Or maybe I should just be more diligent with the bows and clips? Either way, she is precious and healthy and in the scheme of things tidy hair or the lack thereof is of little importance. And who can resist that sweet face?

No comments: