Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

It was a great 1st mother's day! Tony and Sophia made it so special! It started with breakfast in bed complete with fruit, yogurt, pastry, coffee, and juice. All served on a tray with flowers. Then I found out what Tony and Sophia were up to yesterday on their date when I was presented with a beautiful plate with Sophia's footprints made into a butterfly. After church we went out to eat with Mama Jean and exchanged gifts. How special to have her here this first mother's day. What an amazing day!

God reminded me last weekend of one of the many reasons I love motherhood. Tony and I went over to one of his fellow residents' house to play dominoes. Sophia slept in their crib (they are expecting a baby in a month) and when it came time to leave Tony transferred her to her car seat. As we stood in the doorway saying our goodbyes, Sophia was surrounded by six adults. I chatted away and then glanced over to see how she was doing. We immediately locked eyes, she smiled a huge smile, and my heart filled up. She was looking at me the whole time I was talking, waiting for me to look back, and assure her that I was there. I can not describe how full my heart was when I looked at her. I love that little girl!

Click to play Mother's Day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: