Saturday, January 26, 2008

Four Generations

Well, I'm finally back in the blogosphere! I took a short vacation while going back to work (that's really an oxymoron :) ). I'm now starting my fourth week back and things are going very well. For those of you who do not know, we have a fabulous nanny! She comes with an extensive resume, including work with children of all ages, and (who ever heard of a nanny with this?), a master's degree in education! And guess what? She fell so in love with Sophia she agreed to take care of her in exchange for free lunches! Who could this fabulous person be? Drum roll please... Mama Jean!!! Sophia loves her Mama Jean, as evidenced by her smiles when M.J. walks in the room. This wonderful situation has made going back to work much easier. We are so grateful!

Tony is staying busy at the hospital and has started studying for the USMLE Step 1 (examination to earn his M.D.). How many tests can this man take? Yet he has found time to take up crosswords, while I have taken up knitting. How old could two twenty-eight year-olds be? All kidding aside, knitting is fun, a great stress reliever, and I hope to knit Sophia hats someday soon!

I wanted to take the opportunity to post a pretty special picture from my grandparent's last visit. A four generation picture is a remarkable thing! I'm glad that Sophia was born into a family history of strong women both on Tony's side and my side. I've learned so much from the women in my family. Grandmother, I often think about you when Tony is on call. We are very much alike, you and I, both wives supporting our husband's difficult, demanding, but rewarding professions. Mom, I hope Sophia learns from your strength and sacrificial love. And Granny, maybe she will inherit your hard work ethic, always cooking, cleaning, and loving on those around you. We have some great new pictures of Sophia that I will be posting soon. She has grown so much and brings us such joy each day! - SJM

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Sarah, how wonderful to read about your life in Birmingham! Sophia is gorgeous. We miss you and your mom at BSF so much, but are so happy that your life there seems so joyful :)

Love,
Elissa