Thursday, June 27, 2013

23/52, 24/52, 25/52 (iPhone edition)

23/52
 




Luisa/Ana Sophia - Eating Popsicles with the neighbors.  The month of June has been a rough one for Luisa with teething, growth spurts, and currently a virus.
Vincent - On his 4th birthday.  This is his first attempt to put together a 50 piece puzzle.  The boy knows how to put together puzzles!

24/52

 

 
Luisa - Enjoying "real table food" on our picnic
Vincent/Ana Sophia - Nothing captures the essence of summer more than a picnic of Chik-fil-A while barefoot.
25/52
 


 
 

Vincent - Joining his sister in making fruit pizza.
Luisa - Cheerios and baby bows.
Ana Sophia - Summer means staying in your pjs until lunch-time and swinging under the oak tree.  I glimpse in this picture the young lady she will someday become. 


Summer is passing quickly here in Florida.  We are staying busy but not overscheduled.  I am trying to embrace the summer but having all three kiddos all day long can be overwhelming.  When the house is a wreck with toys scattered everywhere, when dinner is late on the table or just a bowl of oatmeal, when the kids are rough-housing and rowdy, I remind myself that this is the last summer before my eldest is off to school.  This is the summer to spend on the floor engaging.  This is the summer to speak affirmation more often than usual.  For soon she will be surrounded with a host of influence beyond my reach.  It is a discipline to lay down the housework and get on the floor to play or curl up in the rocker to read books.  For me, it doesn't come naturally.  Just one of many ways motherhood stretches me. 

I Instagram more than I blog these days.  If you are an Instagram user find me at Username morlandt1201.  Also, I found a great photo editing app called Afterlight.  You should check it out.  It has several unique filters and is worth the cheap buying price. 

No comments: