Friday, November 2, 2012

Blooming Where We are Planted

When I was a small child, my mother was an avid cross-stitcher.  Her handiwork adorned our home in places that offered ample time for contemplation - the bathroom, beside the kitchen sink, above a light switch.  Sayings included, "We grow old too soon and wise too late."  "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" (appropriately placed in the kitchen for motivation - this was the ONLY discussion of weight in our home), and the beautifully adorned, "Bloom Where You Are Planted." 

Right now, this family of 5 is planted firmly, solidly in Alabama.  In a quaint bubble of a community that appears idyllic and immune to the world's poisonous problems.  We moved here in 2007 a family of 3, one member nestled snugly within me.

 
And in just 5 1/2 years we have Bloomed - now a family of 5.  We walked in our front door naive to how parenthood would rock us, change us, grow us closer to Him.  In just 2 short months we will pull up our roots and leave like this:

{courtesy of Jill Aldridge photography}
 
A family of 5.  Time to plant ourselves somewhere new, even if it's just for a short time.  Through His grace and provision may we Bloom there too.  For His glory and for His purposes.

******
Linking up over on Lisa-Jo's blog for 5 Minute Friday.  Want to join me on the prompt "roots?"  Click the icon below:
 
Five Minute Friday

4 comments:

GranthamLynn said...

Great post. Thanks for the introduction to your sweet family. I know what you mean about being 'up' rooted. My Cowboy and I have done some travelin' over the last few years. Always a challenge but an adventure. Enjoy yours. I enjoyed visiting you come by and see me tomorrow I have a huge announcement!
Have a Beautiful weekend.

{Colleen} said...

Lovely post. Such true words. I have moved alot and each time I have asked whether it will last. Til I realised that there is nothing we can be certain of but right now in this moment. Enjoy it and your beautiful family.

emk said...

What a beautiful family portrait!! Blessings to you on your new adventure!

Denise said...

Enjoyed this.