This week I joined the ranks of minivans and SUVs stuffed tight with car seats and breakfast bars and children woken too early. Of car pooling moms and dads desperately trying to make it on time while keeping smiles on their faces and prayers in their hearts. In the afternoon I sat in the car pool line with Sophia's number displayed prominently in the windshield. Little man was asleep in the backseat, his only chance for a nap in this new schedule of school, backpacks, lunch room numbers, and pigtails. As I sat 8th car back looking for my eldest, then locating her sitting still and quiet waiting for her momma, I realized this is a significant milestone. I've joined the car pool line and there's no going back.
*****
Join me this Friday in writing for just 5 minutes on the prompt "join?" Check out some beautiful writing over on Lisa-Jo's site by clicking the button below:

4 comments:
I remember the first time I sat in line to pick up my oldest son when he began school. Now he is a Junior in high school and there are 2 more boys that I sit in line for each year. Thanks so much for sharing! Blessings!
Thanks for sharing this. Those lines can be torture for the ones in it and the ones who have to drive the roads leading to one. I like your perspective and hope that you all adjust well to this crazy new life - especially your little guy!
Oh girl...once you join the carpool line it's all over. Soon you join the PTA....the soccer mom league etc. ENJOY...these are the best of times.
So excited for all the changes that are in store for your family in the coming year. I know sweet Sophia is going to LOVE kindergarten!!
Post a Comment