{First stop - the farm. Where we stay for only a day. We wake up early and walk the land.}
Hondo
{Next stop - Mimi and PawPaw's in Hondo. With more land walking, of course. And always - dogs.}
{Swimming!}
{Swinging in our pjs mid-morning. Loving our time with Mimi - this is summer in Texas.}
{So many creatures to love on.}
{And more swimming}
{With Opa watching poolside.}
{Also pool-side are Uncle Michael and Mrs. Emily!}
The Farm
{More swimming}
{With all the gear swimming requires :)}
{Tan beauty}
{One fabulous perk at the farm - old toys! This is an antique purse of my grandmother's. Here the kiddos are working hard to fit all their toys inside.}
{Oh the strain of making it all fit!!!}
{Almost closed...}
{Success! Whew - that was hard work.}
{Now for some time in the tractor.}
{Mustn't forget the purse.}
{So much to explore.}
{Reading old books on the porch - I think this one is Rainbow Bright}
The Naus
{I had the joy of visiting with my dear friend, Laura on the day they received the keys to their beautiful new home! So happy for this precious family.}
{Laura, little Avery, and me}
{So glad to finally meet precious Avery, a blessing - long awaited, much prayed over.}
Pinkalicious!
{The San Antonio Children's Theatre was putting on "Pinkalicious." Sophia and I used the opportunity to have a little, mother-daughter date.}
{First stop - "La Madeleine" where they serve the best Tomato Basil soup out there.}
{Decisions, decisions - which dessert should we chose?}
{Strawberry-lemonade cake, of course!}
The Jetters
{On the way back to Alabama, we stopped in Longview to visit Gina - my college roommate and dear friend. We met baby Luke and caught up on all life's happenings while 3 toddlers ran around - mine getting out cooped up car energy! All the other pictures from this visit were blurry - probably from all the action going on :)!}
There were so many times and places on this trip to Texas that I did not pick up my camera. We visited with my brothers, my dad, Tony's dad, and several other friends. Unfortunately I did not document these events with pictures! I'll hopefully do better this summer.
Posting these pictures leaves me excited about our trip down South in a few weeks. On the agenda this visit are a few anniversary celebrations - including a fancy dinner at the historic, Menger hotel in downtown San Antonio. We will be visiting the usual family and friends, hopefully making more time to truly soak everyone up. Swimming will be on the agenda, of course. Along with long walks. Pjs past the acceptable hour. And loads of laughter, I'm sure.
2 comments:
Say hi to the Texas Hill Country for me! I grew up there :)
Sarah, love the pictures and the anticipation of a summer to come.
I nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award today!
http://hobwas.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/beautiful-blogger-award-and-my-nominees/
Post a Comment