Friday, June 29, 2012

5 Minute Friday - Dance

It’s amazing how the rhythm of a day can change in a heartbeat or an eighth note, if you want to be musical.  My day started slow dancing with a neglected partner - quiet time and prayer while my kids slept in an hour past their usual times.  I drank coffee slowly and swayed from knees in prayer to cuddled up girl reading the Psalms.  Then children awoke and the beat went all crazy.  I couldn’t keep up as I realized that the evening board meeting was really a morning board meeting and I only had 45 minutes to get ready and out the door, my feet springing into action at the unexpected beat.  And only because my mom was available to step in and keep me from fumbling was I able to make it to the meeting.  Then there was the spastic beat of the public swimming pool, where I danced from one end to the other, trying to avoid crashing into the other swimmers.  I met my friend at the pool and she was able to slow the beat down with her gentle spirit and easy smile.  She steadies the beat and mine slows to match hers.  Then there was the fox trot to art camp - galloping in the door a little behind the others.  How wonderful that the teachers dance graciously, greeting each child with a smile and warmth. 
Yes the rhythm of today has been unpredictable and my step just a little behind the others.  But it’s when the beat is irregular that we need the best dance partners.  So grateful today for the Dance Partner who is always in control and for those He has sent to dance with me in the everyday – mother, friends, spouse, children.  They steady my feet and keep me from falling.
******
Another 5 Minute Friday with Lisa-Jo.  Have you checked out her new blog digs?  Quite nice!  Join me in linking up to the prompt "dance?" 
Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice way of putting the daily rush. Lovely post.

Anonymous said...

Amen, to that. Yes, God is the best partner. Your send a bit rushed, but he came to your rescue in the form of friends and family. Love the spirit of your writing. Blessings

Anonymous said...

As I read quickly through the rush of your day I felt the beat slow down as you took each task as it came. Never worry about what is ahead - trusting in Him to be there with you.
Many blessings,
Jan