Friday, January 13, 2012

5 Minute Friday - AWAKE

{We are AWAKE and snuggled in on this cold morning.}
Our lesson last Sunday at church was a reminder to stay awake to God’s purposes for our lives (Romans 13:11-14) and this week I’ve attempted to be more AWAKE.  I’m often lulled to mental snooze-land with the hypnosis of the computer screen.  I’m often “spaced out” into mental oblivion by mindless children’s cartoons.  I’m often slumbering too late in the morning, not AWAKE to what He would like to teach me. 


So, I’ve chosen days this week to keep the laptop, not me, in sleep mode.  To be busy with my hands during morning cartoons.  To turn the TV completely off the rest of the day.  But waking up early?  This discipline is sporadic at best these days.  Vincent wakes up at 6:30 and 5:30 seems too early.  Yet an hour in the morning without little hands, little needs, little pleads provides the perfect opportunity to be most AWAKE to His purposes for my day.  AWAKE, AWAKE, AWAKE.  I need to AWAKE.

*******
Are you AWAKE and want to join me in linking up over at GypsyMama's 5 Minute Friday?  Just click here:

3 comments:

Jennifer Officer said...

Sarah, isn't it amazing how the routine of life can keep us from being fully awake to what God is doing? I too, have been trying to slow down and recognize Him in my day. (And I don't like to get up early, either.) Thanks for sharing your word.

Anonymous said...

I got caught up in that too over the last several months and am on a mission to read and create more and 'click' less. It sneaks in so quietly, doesn't it?

Blessings in your endeavors!

Lisa Blake said...

wow! that's some discipline to let the laptop snooze so you can awaken! What a beautiful gift though to just pause and let it all catch up with you and then see what's going on before you. Very encouraging - might be tempted to "fast" from the fast life of technology myself. Thanks for sharing!