
Well it's technically still Friday so here I go with the 5 minute post. Will you join me too? - you technically have 30 more minutes left in this day (if you're a night owl like me):
Today's prompt from Lisa-Jo (a.k.a. Gypsy Mama): I feel the most loved when....
Standing in the kitchen first thing in the morning, looking at our surgery intern book while the coffee brews, this is when I feel loved. Today is Day 5 and the entry is bright with my husband's doodles. Today is his attempt at a Frank Lloyd Wright sketch. He writes, "Look up 'Falling Water' today - family trip when the kids are a little older?" Isaiah 30:15 is scribbled on the bottom of the page, "If you will be calm and trust me, YOU WILL BE STRONG." A reminder for us to trust God today as we adjust to this new schedule. The schedule of a general surgery intern. The schedule that drags him out of bed at 4:00 in the morning, returning him home, weary and worn at 8:00 p.m. that night. We don't see much of Tony right now and when we do, he is fighting exhaustion. Parenting is a job meant for two and I miss my helpmate each day. And his work-load at the hospital is inexplicable. It's a challenging time but it's only for a time. Four months, 112 days to be exact. Knowing that my love language is time and there would be little of that to give in the next four months, Tony made this book to hang on our kitchen wall. A count-down book with words of encouragement, scripture, and doodles to carry us through. The kids love looking at it and identifying the numbers. I love reading the messages and knowing that I am loved. Remembered. Appreciated.
I just hope the graham crackers with Nutella spread I sneak into his lunch communicates the same.

4 comments:
oh my gosh if that isn't the cutest thing I've ever seen I don't know what is! My love language is time too and this would totally hit the spot. Gosh what a wonderful husband to take the time to do that. ANd you for packing his lunch. what an encouragement that verse is too. great post. so good!
Wow...that is such an amazing thing that he is doing for you! Wow, wow! I just think that is the sweetest thing....and I love that verse...am going to use that one day....if you don't mind! ;)
Hopping over from The Gypsy Mama
Love this idea. Sounds like you have a wonderful husband. Enjoyed reading through your blog.
So sweet-ya'll are such an amazing couple!
Post a Comment