Thursday, October 14, 2010

"The Zoo" by Ana Sophia and Vincent Laws

On a trip to the zoo in early September I decided to text Tony all the funny/interesting things the kiddos said and did while we were there.  Nothing brings their personalities out more than a trip to the zoo.  How I love those personalities!  What a privilege and adventure it is to be their mother.

Sophia:  (Standing in front of the possum exhibit after being informed that she and her brother must not put their fingers in the possums' cage as they did on a previous trip.)  "Hi possums that we never touch."

Sophia:  "Momma have you seen the skunk?  It has a black stripe and a white stripe.  It has a peeyoushky!" ("Peeyoushky" is Morlandt for "dirty diaper.")

Sophia:  (Pointing to the windmill)  "Hey look!  There's the Ferris Wheel."

Sophia:  "Come on mother.  Lets see the hairy wart hogs." (I love how she alternates between calling me momma and mother.)

Sophia:  (To a random stranger) "My mommy is my daddy's wife." (Side note:  On a recent trip to the grocery store Sophia shared this exact information in a very stern voice to a man buying milk by himself.  Just in case he was hoping to pick up more than milk at the grocery store?!?  I could have crawled under the cart and died.)

Vincent:  (While standing in front of the tiger exhibit) "Rooooaaaar!!!"

Sophia:  "Oh I have an idea.  Let's name that tiger 'Billy'."

Sophia:  (About my cut-off shorts.  Said with great concern)  "Oh the animals tore up your pants!"

Sophia:  "Why are the chickens squawking all night??  The chickens must go to bed."

Sophia:  (To other kids in the play cave) "I am strong.  I ate all my zucchini!"

Sophia:  (At the cafe) "See all the zookeepers having lunch?  Is it a lovely lunch?"

Sophia:  (While observing the gorilla)  "He's not eating grass.  He's eating his toothpick." 


3 comments:

Gina said...

What great memories. So glad you have shared these. I can picture her saying all of these.

Jennifer Zielke said...

She sounds SO precious! :)

Wendy said...

I LOVE this!! You should record all their little comments like this in a journal if you don't already. What a precious thing to be able to look back on & read 20 years down the road. :)