Monday, June 21, 2010

Swimming with Grandpa

On Vincent's actual birthday we headed to Grandpa's hotel to enjoy the outdoor swimming pool.  About a week before Vincent's birthday I purchased new floaties for both kiddos.  On the drive to the hotel I convinced myself that the floaties were just the thing I needed to ease my fears.  Pools and non-swimmers make me extremely nervous.  In fact, Sophia has only set foot in a pool once in her 2 1/2 years and that was with an extra large lifejacket attached.  Well.  Check out the pictures to see why I have a whole new outlook on pools.






Yes, we will be doing a lot more swimming the rest of this summer.  Both kiddos truly delighted in the water games.  And the floaties did make me feel better.  That and all the extra hands and eyes helping out.  It's a good thing I am learning to enjoy the kiddos in the pool as both sets of grandparents have pools in Texas.  

Our swimming fun was cut short by rain.  We retreated under the umbrellas and opened birthday presents.


We love Uncle Michael's humor.  Blog readers, don't get any ideas though.  We prefer "Vin," "Vince," or "Vincent."  But I feel this may be an uphill battle!?!??

Pictured Left to Right:  Sweet Sophia, Grandpa James (Tony's dad), Leslie, Me, Grandpa Miles (Tony's stepdad), birthday boy, Mama Jean (my mom), and Mimi (Tony's mom).  Tony was taking the picture.

1 comment:

The Lindseys said...

Looks like you had a great time. I recently just purchased a Puddle Jumper for Maddie Beth-saw it in my Parent's Magazine and knew I had to have one. We tried the same floatie Sophia has and the wings and both helped not as much as I had hoped. The puddle jumper is actually a coast guard approved life jacket (perfect for our lake boat rides) and MB has SOOO much more confidence with it-she will jump in the water and can totally swim on her own. I ordered one from Walmart online, best water purchase ever!