Saturday, May 22, 2010

This Time Last Year


I was as big as a whale and comically sporting my "whale" t-shirt on walks around the neighborhood.  I was home from work waiting for the arrival of Master Vincent, chasing a 19 month old, and experiencing regular contractions in the evenings.  By the end of this week my doctor seemed quite surprised that Vincent had not arrived.  It would still be another week before he would make his appearance.  I was tired beyond belief, anxious to hold my baby boy, and experiencing labor-like pains in the evenings that would get me all excited only to stop after an hour.  Looking back, I am so glad my doctor did not rush things along.  He encouraged us to wait and wait we did.  On the evening of June 5, 2009 Vincent started his journey into the world. 

Looking forward to his 1st birthday in just a few weeks....

No comments: