During the last weekend of April, the kids and I joined my mom in a little weekend getaway to the Tennessee Aquarium This awesome aquarium is located in Chattanooga Tennessee and is actually made up of two separate gigantic aquariums, a fresh water and a sea water. Both of the children were mesmerized and downright giddy.
On the 2nd day we strolled through the arts district and then crossed the Tennessee River by way of a beautiful pedestrian walking bridge. On the other side of the bridge we enjoyed playing in the water at Coolidge park and riding the large indoor carousel.
Chattanooga will surprise you. It's a small town packed full of fantastic art, wonderful activities for the kiddos, rich history, and beautiful scenery. This was my 3rd visit. Tony and I stayed at a quaint bed and breakfast on Lookout Mountain called Chanticleer before Sophia was born and then returned for another little getaway when she was 10 months old. What I like most about this town is that it is not overcrowded or overrun with toursits. Oh and the art scene. The aquarium too. Let's not forget about the hiking....
And along the way you can stop here:
Using the GPS on the way there we stumbled upon a great park that made for nice swinging.
And on the trip home Sophia concentrated on
Lady and the Tramp
While sweet Vince was konked out!
Tony and I are planning a return visit with the kiddos when he is not on call or working. Which limits us to about 4 weekends in the next year. I exaggerate but not really.
No comments:
Post a Comment