Longtime blog readers, here's a new Wednesday Book Review post. Maybe I will get those going again?
This book is a sequel to the underground blockbuster, Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore.
I read Same Kind of Different as Me years ago and it's a must read. Powerful. Haunting. Amazing. Must read. Must read. Must read. Must read. O.kay enough.
So I read, What Difference Do It Make? aloud to Tony on our 8 hour trip back from Charleston. That is until the final chapter when I began to cry so hard that I had to take long breaks. Sidewise glances over at Tony caught him with a few tears slipping out too. I'm not giving a summary because you can read that on the link I just gave. I will tell you, though, that upon completing this book you may be a little uncomfortable. Uncomfortable not doing something. Something in service to others. So don't read it if you don't want to be challenged. I was. And I'm still looking for opportunities. And I was convicted of the opportunities already in my path (see "Fruitfulness in Duty" below). It's an easy read. Funny. Poignant. Truthful. Splurge and buy both books. You will get your money's worth because you will pass them along to a friend or stranger the second you close the covers. I mean it. We did.


2 comments:
Oh yay, I'm so excited to read this! I also read and loved Same Kind of Different and lamented that there wasn't a follow up. Can't wait-- thank you!!
So, I read to Jonathan on our long trips, too! How funny. It makes the time fly by.
I have Same King of Different, but have not read it yet. My brother read it and said he was crying out loud. I can't wait to sit down and read. I'll let you know what I think.
Post a Comment