Friday, January 8, 2010

A Texas Christmas - Destination #4


After a hearty breakfast of authentic Tex-Mex breakfast tacos, the taste of which makes the 2 hour layover and 3 hour flight from Alabama worth it, Tony (bless his heart) loaded up the Highlander with the ever more annoying swing, the pack in plays, the suitcases, and a diminishing stash of presents to give at the next few Christmases. Next stop? Hondo to see Mimi and Grandpa Miles, Aunt Kaela and her friend Mr. Brandon, Uncle Michael and his new friend Miss Emily, and Uncle Luke and Aunt Dinah. Not to mention a slew of country canines and felines.

Highlights? Sophia and Vincent playing with Aunt Kaela's old outdoor playhouse, Tony and Michael's vintage Sesame Street tunnel, and Mickey Mouse stacking blocks (these are seriously worth money now, I'm sure). And props to Mimi for keeping these! Which reminds me, Sophia found my old "My Little Pony" stable and ponies at the farm, along with the vintage Little People House, and all my Barbie dolls. These are the Barbie dolls that had notoriously undergone the wrath of my scissors - extremely short hair, one Barbie's hair cut all the way to the scalp. I'm sure a psychiatrist would have something to say about my childhood inclination towards shaving Barbie's head. It was so fun watching Sophia and Vincent play with our old toys. Anyway I digress. Back to Hondo.

More highlights? Walking the Texas land, Sophie's first run in with cactus, a fabulous new play kitchen for Sophia, a really cool French Press for mommy, a new camera lens for Daddy, a push along toy for Vincent, sweet potato casserole, sleeping in while Grandpa bonded with Vincent, Mimi's cookie tray from around the world, playing in the McDonald's playground with Aunt Kaela, swinging on the front porch with Vincent, stuffing made from scratch, wearing my pjs for an unmentionable long time, and the Christmas Eve candlelit service where Sophia shouted from the balcony, "Happy Birthday Jesus" in response to the lighting of the candles. I could go on and on. Another great Christmas, on to San Antonio for Destination #5 - Opa and Oma's house... Here are some pictures from Hondo including a few taken with Tony's new camera lens.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Hondo Christmas
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

The Hoppers said...

Love it! Did you have puffy tacos too?

MamaMia said...

Sarah! Oh, how I enjoyed these pictures of your beautiful children. I don't know what it is about Sophia and Vincent, but they remind me so much of our children. Maybe it's because they just ooze sweetness--even in pictures. ;)

I wish you guys were here. Somehow, we're lacking in couple friends. It would be fun to get together.

Sorry I've been bad about checking in...we have such a rigid schedule with the girls in school now. If I get to blog, there is just time to post.

Hello to Tony and we're proud of his hard work.

God bless!