Do you see how I can get off on tangents? Back to the purpose of the post - Mama Jean's beach vacation!
The Alabama coast lived up to its reputation - with sugar white sand and beautiful water. I eagerly anticipated Sophia's reaction to the water. She loved the ocean (preferred it over the beach - although collecting shells in her green bucket was a close 2nd) and could swim in the pool all day if we let her. It's such a fine line - you want her to have a healthy fear of the water without being too afraid to enjoy the experience. Let's just say, Sophia had no fear which left us on high alert but full of great memories. Vincent enjoyed his time poolside. Happy, content, and smiley. The coastal air worked wonders on Vincent's night schedule. He slept all night - no night wakings 2 out of the 7 nights. It was fabulous! But there were several mornings that he woke up right before sunrise and I was able to take him out on the balcony, nurse him, and watch the sun rise. Truly beautiful.
My favorite memories of the week? So many but here's a short list: Catch Phrase with the family (Andrew, you rock for pulling off "yellow journalism" at the buzzer!), "Uncle What?" (The first morning Sophia looked over at her Uncle Peter and not quite remembering his name pointed at him and asked me, "Uncle what?" And because she knew it was just too cute she alternated between "Uncle What?" or "Uncle Peetah" when addressing my brother), watching Sophia play with my grandparents (she adores them), eating everyone's delicious meals (each family was assigned a night to cook), that beautiful time of day on the beach when the sun is just starting to set and the breeze is blowing, watching my nephews boogie board, discussing life, children, and the future with my husband while the kiddos slept away in the back seat, listening to Vincent laugh at his Aunt Tiffany, watching the locals catch jellyfish, and watching the ocean through the eyes of a first-time observer who soaked everything in and went at it with such intensity and curiosity.
Get ready for a lot of pictures!

Ana Sophia rosy cheeked and happy!

Mr. Vincent enjoying the coastal breeze

The Morlandt family

Sophia and her daddy were inseparable all week

Mommy loving on her little Vincent

Granddaddy enjoying the Alabama coast

Jackson, Uncle Peter, and Graham

Jackson and Graham showing off their new boogie boards

Let the games begin!

Family Photo complete with matching t-shirts. Good times!

Vincents says, "I love the beach!"
4 comments:
Love it! Love the shirts even more!
Looks like a great vacation!! Your little ones are just adorable :)
Yay, a new post! And lots of pics too - so lovely!
I laughed out loud at the rapture comment you made (I can see Tony saying that). And, I have a feeling that the "Uncle What" nickname will stick around for a long time.
We had family t-shirts on our cruise trip last summer - Celebrate Family, what what!
Miss you guys...
So excited to see you blogging again!!! Looks like you had an amazing trip. Btw, I will call-soon, I promise. I got your message, email, I dont' even remember, but Family Medicine has kept me busy with great hours but lots of breaks to catch up with Maddie Beth and not much time for anything else. Also, my commute is only 10 min-which is a nice change of pace, but not good for phone conversations. Hope to catch up soon-miss you girl!
Post a Comment